Sunday 11 May 2014

Guess who's back?





Yes the almight and powerful Godzilla is making a comeback to our screens and hes bigger and better than ever before.

This is the reboot since the last Godzilla movie which was released in 1998 with Matthew Broderick, which I have to say is an amazing movie, I loved it as the special effects were so old school and to see how the quality in film has progressed when I watch the new Godzilla will be interesting.


Godzilla was conceived as a metaphor for nuclear weapons. Some stories took on less serious undertones portraying Godzilla as a hero while other plots still portrayed Godzilla as a destructive monster. So really we dont know if Godzilla is the good guy or a bad guy, it purely depends on the chosen story, however when watching interviews with Gareth Edwards he says Godzilla is put there to restore and rebalance humaity. And also Godzilla is directed by a british actor! So this too will be interesting to see how a british director will deal with such a huge movie icon!

They have released quite a few trailers, from teasers to snippets and scenes from the film. However the movie looks phenomenal, the special effects look outstanding and so realistic. And from what I have seen of Godzilla himself he has been kept to his traditional style and his roar is as classic and terrifying as ever before. The actors look so well suited to the film, Bryan Cranston from my favourite ever tv series "Breaking Bad" his performance from just the trailer looks troubled yet brilliant so I have high expectations. Aaron-Taylor Johnson who I personally wouldnt first pick to be in this movie but we shall see, he could suprise us! And we also have Elizabeth Olsen, I have enjoyed her performances in Silent House and Old Boy, so I think she will fit in nicely with this film, but you dont see alot of her in the trailer so I cannot pre-judge. 

But I aswell as everyone else will be going to watch it!


Thankyou so much for reading.


BYE DE BYE!


Want to find out more about GODZILLA?

GODZILLA IMDB Profile


GODZILLA Website







No comments: