Thursday 2 April 2015

The Wedding Singer


Well, its been a while. I've turned 18. I sprained my ankle. I finally finished all my coursework. And that's all I am going to say. But I have missed writing and I am back!

One film I watched while recovering from my painful sprained ankle is The Wedding Singer, one of my favourite films of all time which I haven't watched in years for some bizarre reason! I come across it on sky demand and my inner romantic screeched as this is such a classic rom-com.


It is basically about a wedding singer called Robbie and a waitress Julia, the waitress are both engaged to be married but to the wrong people. Fortune intervenes to help them discover each other. It stars Adam Sandler who plays Robbie and Drew Barrymore as Julia, and they are just a film matchmade in heaven. They both have such amazing on screen chemistry and are just amazing together. 50 first dates is another brilliant film if you want a bit more Adam and Drew in your life and trust me you will after watching this. But I love Adam Sandler in this film, to be honest I love him in everything he's been in, he's one of those classic actors you can't get tired of. And can I just say I think I secretly fancy him with that mullet of his, please don't judge me. But in general he was just so cute in the film and his character Robbie is just funny, adorable and brilliant. And equal love goes out to Drew, who is just a babe. She is adorable and I love her in this, for similar reasons to Adam Sandler, she just delivers an amazing performance and you just engage with both of them throughout.


The story is just adorable and is a typical rom-com that you can't help but love. My favourite part is the end, when Robbie is conviniently on the same plane as Julia who is on her way to Vegas to marry Glen (WHO IS SUCH AN ARSE!) and he sings her the most adorable song which brings me to tears everytime! Honestly, even if your not into films or not interested in this one, just youtube the song and honestly you will fall in love and want to watch the whole film! And I have to say I love Frank Sivero's character in this, just because of his hair, it just makes me laugh so much! So 80's/90's! 


But I have to say my inner soppy romantic comes out when watching this because its just so cute! I love everything about it and I really can't think of one fault from it, from my point of view. But please let me know if you have watched it! Or if you haven't, will you?

Thankyou for reading and I will speak to you soon! So good to be writing again! :-)




If you wanted to see the song I mentioned here it is! :-)

No comments: