Wednesday 21 January 2015

Films i'm looking forward to this year.

Yes, many of these maybe big hollywood blockbusters, but everyone loves a big movie and especially a franchise! I will do a seperate post on Indie films I am looking forward to this year, but for now here are just some of the films I can't wait to see this year!

INSURGENT
Tris must confront her inner demons and continue to fight against a powerful alliance which threatens to tear her society apart. I am so excited for this, I loved the first movie, and I really enjoyed all the books so I am really anticipating the upcoming film. It will be released in March.

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY
Literature student Anastasia Steele's life changes forever when she meets handsome, yet tormented, billionaire Christian Grey. Again, I loved the books, I hold my hands up I read all three! And besides the obvious theme in the book, I loved the love story between Ana and Christian and I will be going seeing the movie and Im highly looking forward to it. It will be released on Valentines Day.

CINDERELLA
A live-action retelling of the classic fairy tale about a servant step-daughter who wins the heart of a prince. From the trailer this visually looks stunning, so magical and beautiful, and everyone loves a good fairytale. And from how much I loved Maleficent, I am really looking forward to seeing this and many other fairytale remakes I'm sure will be released. This will be released in March.

THE AGE OF ADALINE
If you love a good romance this will be for you. A young woman, born at the turn of 20th century, is rendered ageless after an accident. After years of a solitary life, she meets a man who might be worth losing her immortality. I am a soppy girl at heart and love a good romance movie and this looks stunning. I also love Blake Lively who plays Adaline, so I am very much looking forward to seeing this with my girlfriends. This will be released in April. 

INSIDIOUS:CHAPTER 3
A prequel set before the haunting of the Lambert family that reveals how gifted psychic Elise Rainier reluctantly agrees to use her ability to contact the dead in order to help a teenage girl who has been targeted by a dangerous supernatural entity. I am such a horror geek, I love it, and I did enjoy the insidious films, not so much the second one but the first one I loved! So I am looking forward to this, but Im worried they may ruin it with a prequel. But I could be wrong. This will be released in June.

UNFRIENDED
A group of online chat room friends find themselves haunted by a mysterious, supernatural force using the account of their dead friend. I have written a blog post about my thoughts on this film if you want to check that out. But I am really looking forward to this, a new genre of horror that looks so weird and frightening. This will be released in April.

TED 2
Everyones favourite teddy is back and I cant wait. I think for me its just Seth MacFarlane, I love Family Guy, American Dad and I love Ted. I cannot wait for the second film and hope its just as funny as the first one. This will be released in June.

MAGIC MIKE XXL
The continuing story of stripper Magic Mike. Well thats all I have to say, I loved the first film for obvious reasons, and I can't wait for the second one, for obvious reasons haha! Oh, I do love a naked Channing Tatum on my screen, as does everyone woman I'm sure. And wow, the first film was just a win for me, and Im sure the second one will be bigger and better than ever! Not long girls, it will be released in July!

SINISTER 2
A young mother and her twin sons move into a rural house that's marked for death. Again, I love horror, and I loved Sinister, it was just so scary, the supernatural sense and the idea of gory home videos and I just loved it. Bit weird to say but I'm just a big fan of horror films. And once again, I can't wait until the next film, however I do feel there was no need for a sequel but we will be the judge when its released. It will be released in August.

JURRASIC WORLD
Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park (1993), Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond. After 10 years of operation and visitor rates declining, in order to fulfill a corporate mandate, a new attraction is created to re-spark visitor's interest, which backfires horribly. This is such a nostalgic film for me, I mean from the Jurrasic Park films, I remember watching them as a kid and loving them, and I was blown away by how they got dinosaurs in the film. And if you look now the visual quality is amazing for the time its made, so I can only imagine the quality of this film. I am so excited! JUNE!

STAR WARS:THE FORCE AWAKENS
Need I say more? DECEMBER 2015!

HUNGER GAMES:MOCKINGJAY PART 2
After being symbolized as the 'Mockingjay' Katniss Everdeen and District 13 engage in an all-out revolution against the autocratic Capitol. The first part blew me away, when it was released I actually went to a marathon where I watched the first film, second film then the first part of Mockingjay, and it blew me away. I absolutely love them all, I loved the books and I can't wait for the big, amazing, finale! PANEM TODAY, PANEM TOMORROW, PANEM FOREVER. It will be released in November 2015 and I'm so excited!!

SPECTRE
A cryptic message from Bond's past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organization. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE. I love the James Bond franchise, I've watched them all, studied them in school and college and I am very excited for the new addition to the franchise. I love abit of Bond. It will be hitting cinema screens in November.

JUPITER ASCENDING
In the future, a young destitute human woman gets targeted for assassination by the Queen of the Universe, and begins her destiny to finish the Queen's reign. Sci-fi is really big in the film world right now, and this looks rather interesting, its not my kind of film (sci-fi) but the trailer intrigued me. I love Mila Kunis and especially Channing Tatum and the story behind this looks so cool and unique and I am really looking forward to watching it. It also looks visually stunning! It will be released February.

So they are only a few movies I am very excited about this year. Which film are you looking forward too? Any recommendations? 
Thankyou for reading and speak to you soon. :-)


No comments: