Sunday 14 December 2014

Christmas Flicks! - Number One! 🎄

Christmas is right around the corner and its time to pull out all the Christmas flicks. I love Christmas, its one of my favourite times of year! I love highlighting programmes to watch in the Radio Times (its a british thing!), the christmas dinner, spending time with family and I love watching all the christmas films! I have so many favourites but in this post I thought i'd talk about "The Holiday".

"The Holiday" is one of my favourite films around Christmas time, its just a lovely film in general. It is mainly based around four characters. First being Iris Simpkins who writes a wedding column in a newspaper and is madly in love with her colleague Jasper Bloom. But near christmas, she finds out that Jasper is engaged to another colleague, and she is heartbroken. Then there is Amanda Woods in Los Angeles, who makes movie-trailers and has just split with her cheating boyfriend Ethan and she wants to forget him. Then Amanda finds a house exchange website, so she swaps her mansion for Iris' cottage in Surrey for Christmas. While in Surrey, Amanda meets Iris' brother Graham and they fall in love with each other. While Iris meets her new next door neighbor the ninety year old screenplay writer Arthur, and she helps to build his confidence again, and she also meets film composer Miles, who she falls in love with.


It stars Kate Winslet (Iris Simpkins), Cameron Diaz (Amanda Woods), Jude Law (Graham Simpkins), and Jack Black (Miles). I love each of these actors individually but watching them all together was a real treat. I just love the idea of Cameran Diaz and Jude Law, they were so cute together in this film and I am a big sucker for a cute, soppy film romance. And I love, love, love Jack Black, he's just go funny, charming and cute in this film and I don't know what it is about him, I just love him! And I have to be honest, i'm not a massive fan of Kate Winslet, not that I don't like her, its just I haven't seen alot of her work besides Titanic and Divergent etc. But she was simply lovely in this film, and her and Jack Black were weirdly great together! 

I love the storylines throughout the films, as they are all so cleverly linked and there is something happening all the time. I love the story between Iris and Arthur, its just so sweet and inspiring and just a cute little story to link into the film. And I just love the Amanda and Graham story, its just all over the place but so romantic and I love it! And it all feels so festive at the same time! Oh, I have to say I love Iris' cottage that is set in Surrey, it is so typically British and looks beautiful! 

This is one of my favourite films at Christmas time, its just one of those soppy romantic-comedies you can put on and fall in love with. It makes me feel so happy and festive and i'm sure it will make you feel the same!


Thankyou for reading this quick little post and I will be doing a few more over the next few days, with a few more Christmas films!



No comments: