Thursday 4 December 2014

THE HUNGER GAMES TRIPLE BILL!

THE HUNGER GAMES TRIPLE BILL!

A few weeks ago now, I went to my local cinema to watch "The Hunger Games Triple Bill" which is where you can watch both "The Hunger Games" and "Catching Fire" before watching the new "Mockingjay" movie! And oh my goodness I was so excited!


I am a huge Hunger Games fan, I have read the books and watched the films religiously and it is one of my all time favourite films! I just love the story, the characters and I think the actors fit the roles perfectly! Especially Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson! And I admire the realism behind all three films and in all three books, based around power and politics, which is something that is a massive factor in life today. But all in all I love the franchise and I am highly anticipating an fantastic finale!

So Mockingjay was absolutely incredible! Despite there being no actual "Hunger Games" in the last two movies, there was just so much happening and it was just a rollercoaster of emotions throughout the movie! If like me, you have read the books, you will be highly impressed on how much they have kept the film to the book, well I certainly was! I was just on the edge of my seat throughout and at one moment of the film I dont think I could breathe because I was that caught up in the tension of a particular scene! It was insane! I was just simply astounded on how much they packed into one movie and they did an amazing job! 


The visual quality as to be expected were sensational, the graphics and CGI really made the film ever so more exciting! There was one part in particular I loved, in which a certain district go out to blow up the flood bank, and with it being emotionally outstanding when seeing the rebellion beginning on screen, the CGI quality of the explosion was so realistic and really impacted well on the scene! And also the transformation on Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) was brilliant, as they used CGI on him to make him quite beaten, anorexic and to in general give him the look of being tortured! Again so realistic and really contributed to the quality of the movie!


Jennifer Lawrence's performance, was without a doubt sensational, she was alot more serious and fiesty yet messed up in this movie and it was to be expected with what her character was up against. But with all the characters performances they were too sensational, such as Gale (Liam Hemsworth) and Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) and I absolutely loved President Alma Coin of District 13 (Julianne Moore) I think she was the perfect choice for the role and lived up to the character from the novel. However I really didnt understand Finnick's (Sam Claflin) role in this movie, as he just appeared every so often, with no dialogue and just sat there looking abit mental. Obviously I understand why from the previous movies however it didnt really need to be shown. The only performance he had was when he was distracting signals by revealing the truth about the Capitol. So in general I really didnt understand his random appearances in the movie. Besides when he was reunited with Annie, which was incredibly cute. And of course, the movie paid tribute to the late Phillip Seymour Hoffman, whose performance too was great and his character was such a vital part in the narrative.


I also loved "The Hanging Tree" song by Jennifer Lawrence which is sung around the middle of the movie, it was more so when all the Districts joined in and it turned into a communal song. And it just gave me goosebumps. And I also love "Yellow Flicker Beat" by Lorde, it just suits the movie so well and I love Lorde! 


So in general I absolutely freaking loved this film and can't wait until the next one! Yeah it did leave on a little bit of a cliffhanger but thats made me even more excited! I think seeing the two movies before did build up the excitement abit more but I probably would have been just as excited if I just saw it on its own. Yes I was in the cinema from half 6 at night until half 2 in the morning but it was worth it! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE WATCHES IT! 


Thankyou for reading and I'll speak to you soon!

Panem today, Panem tomorrow, Panem forever!


Lorde-Yellow Flicker Beat

Jennifer Lawrence-The Hanging Tree


No comments: