Tuesday 16 December 2014

STAR WARS RETURNS - FIRST IMPRESSION ON THE TEASER TRAILER.


I love doing these first impressions on trailers for films that are due to be released. And I thought I'd write a quick post on the highly anticipated teaser trailer for Star Wars:The Force Awakens!

Star Wars has such a huge yet dedicated fan base already, so I'm sure the director J.J Abrams feels the pressure to deliver the best Star Wars return for the fans. And those fans, as well as the rest of the world were treated to a sneak peak of the upcoming sequel, that is to be released in December of next year. Now I have to admit it, I am not the biggest Star Wars fan, I have watched all the previous Star Wars films but never really hyped over them, I am just not a big fan. However, I have to say from this teaser, I am very excited for the upcoming sequel. I can imagine that this really brought back the excitement for all the Star Wars fans out there, with the music, droids and most importantly the return of the Millenium Falcon.


However we do not see the classic cast in this teaser. No Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, no Harrison Ford as Han Solo, no Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia, or C3P0 and R2D2. And I found this frustrating as it would have boosted the excitement even more to even have a glimpse of one of them! However, we do see a glimpse of John Boyega's character Finn, who is rumoured to be the hero in the upcoming movie, but is dressed in a Stormtrooper outfit. We only see a glimpse of him in this trailer, but he looks very troubled and to be in the middle of something, so this has intrigued me to know his characters story. We also have a glimpse of the Stormtroopers, and Daisy Ridley's character Rey. And we see a dark character, I guess to be the villain in the movie, in the woods with a brand new styles lightsaber, it looks similar to the original but has additional lightsabers added on either end. And let us not forget the glimpse we see of the Millenium Falcon, which I have to say gave me goosebumbs and made me feel very excited!


From this teaser, I have to say I am already very, very impressed with the CGI, and quality of the movie, its just looks stunning and the attention to detail regarding the look of the film will definitely add to the enjoyment of the film in my opinion. If it looks realistic, people will be more drawn in. And I am one of those people who are already drawn in from the high level of production from just seeing a teaser trailer! Like the settings look so realistic and stunning, as does the spaceships and droids and everything! Oh, I am just so so excited! Its finally time for the development in film technology to shine and give Star Wars fans a film to obsess over.


I just have to say, those last few seconds, where we see the Millenium Falcon flying through the sky to the ever so famous Star Wars theme tune, it gives me goosebumbs everytime. Its just so clever how the teaser was put together. Just little snippets to keep you on the edge of your seat! And to get viewers everywhere excited for the new release. And I have loved J.J Abrams previous work and I am very sure he will deliver a brilliant Star Wars sequel and fulfill all Star Wars fans expectations.


But what did you think of the teaser?


Thankyou for reading and I will speak soon! :-)


STAR WARS:THE FORCE AWAKENS TEASER TRAILER!

















No comments: