Monday 12 January 2015

Golden Globes. What a night!

Some of the nominees for the Golden Globes.
So the Golden Globes finally took place yesterday (11th January) in Beverly Hills and I was completely happy with all the winners, as each one was so deserving in their own way. But it was indeed very tough competition in each category so I don't think anyone could call it. 
Richard Linklater's coming of age film Boyhood will be one to watch as it took home Golden Globe awards for best film drama, best director and Patricia Arquette best supporting actress. I can't wait to see this movie as I have heard nothing but brilliant reviews and it simply looks beautiful.
But one of my favourite british actors Eddie Redmayne won best actor in a drama for his role as physicist Professor Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything, and despite my love for Benedict, I just think Eddie deserved it so much, as his performance in anything as well as The Theory of Everything is truly brilliant, and he is only becoming bigger and better. I do have to say this category was strong, as any one of the nominees could have won it, but I am so glad Eddie took it home. "The Theory of Everything" in total took home two golden globes out of the four the were nominated for including best original score.
Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel won best comedy or musical film, which again is so well deserved, I fell in love with this movie the first time I watched it, the style, the performance, the story it was just fantastic, so its no suprise to me that it won! Also Amy Adams was named best actress in a comedy or musical for her role in Big Eyes, which I am so excited to finally watch, I've seen the trailer countless times and it has just really intrigued me so I look forward to seeing that. 
However, despite being nominated for five awards, The Imitation Game came away empty-handed as did Gone Girl, which got four nominations. And that did shock me, as I have seen both and loved both films, and thought they would triumph at the awards ceremonys, but it seems you never know whats going to happen and you can't always call it. But I am sure they will do extremely well, and grab lots of other awards that are yet to come their way. 
But all in all, I thought each winner was well deserved. And everyone looked stunning. So now we wait for the BAFTA's, Oscar nominations on January 15th!! Then the Oscars on February 22nd!! Oh, I am so excited. So I will leave a full list of the winners below incase your interested. I also did a post prior to the Golden Globes, giving my opinions on winners and a general post about the Globes, so go have a nosy if your interested. :-)
Thankyou for reading, and I will speak to you soon. :-) 
Film: 
Best Motion Picture - Drama 
Boyhood - WINNER
Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy 
The Grand Budapest Hotel - WINNER
Best Director 
Richard Linklater (Boyhood) - WINNER
Best Actress - Drama 
Julianne Moore (Still Alice) - WINNER
Best Actor - Drama 
Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything) - WINNER
Best Actress - Musical or Comedy
Amy Adams (Big Eyes) - WINNER
Best Actor - Musical or Comedy 
Michael Keaton (Birdman) - WINNER
Best Supporting Actress 
Patricia Arquette (Boyhood) - WINNER
Best Supporting Actor  
JK Simmons (Whiplash) - WINNER 
Best Screenplay 
Alejandro González Iñárritu, Nicolás Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris, Armando Bo (Birdman) - WINNER
Best Foreign Language Film 
Leviathan (Russia) - WINNER
Best Animated Feature 
How to Train Your Dragon 2 - WINNER
Best Original Score 
Jóhann Jóhannsson (Theory of Everything) - WINNER
Best Original Song 
Glory (Selma) - WINNER
TV: 
Best Drama Series 
The Affair - WINNER
Best Comedy Series
Transparent - WINNER
Best Miniseries or TV Movie 
Fargo - WINNER
Best Actress in a Drama Series 
Ruth Wilson (The Affair) - WINNER
Best Actor in a Drama Series 
Kevin Spacey (House of Cards) - WINNER
Best Actress in a Comedy Series 
Gina Rodriguez (Jane the Virgin) - WINNER 
Best Actor in a Comedy Series 
Jeffrey Tambor (Transparent) - WINNER
Best Actor in a Limited Series 
Billy Bob Thornton (Fargo) - WINNER 
Best Actress in a Limited Series 
Maggie Gyllenhaal (The Honorable Woman) - WINNER
Best Supporting Actress 
Joanne Froggatt (Downton Abbey) - WINNER 
Best Supporting Actor 
Matt Bomer (The Normal Heart) - WINNER









No comments: