Thursday 29 January 2015

TED IS BACK!


A few hours ago Universal Pictures released the highly anticipated for Seth MacFarlanes TED 2. This will be a follow up from the very successful comedy Ted, which is based around a middle aged man and his foul mouthed teddy bear. There hasn't been much released regarding the new film, with the poster only being shown this week and the first trailer a few hours ago, but the new follow up is expected to be very successful in the box office this year. The first film was released in 2012 and generated $550 million worldwide, so there has been much excitement regarding the follow up. 

If you haven't seen or maybe never heard of Ted, it stars Mark Wahlberg (who I love) and he plays John Bennet and from him making a wish as a child his teddy bear Ted, came to life and has been by John's side ever since. Mila Kunis plays Lori who is John's girfriend who wants more from her boyfriend and think he is being held back by Ted. But its so hilarious! I cried laughing all the way through the film. My particular favourite part is when they have a house party with Sam J Jones who plays Flash Gordon, and its just simply brilliant, as Flash Gordon is referenced all the way through the film, but oh its brilliant. I love Seth Macfarlane's work like Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleaveland Show, and I love this! Its just his style of comedy and it works great and is such a funny feel good film!

Now with the second film, from the trailer it does look very funny, but I do sense that maybe it could be abit forced. I can't really explain it but when the first film is such a success then a second film is released and its awful. I do sense that this could happen here, but I could be wrong, I do hope it works because I loved the first film. Mark Wahlberg is back, and I just love Mark Wahlberg and I will just leave it at that. However Mila Kunis isn't in this follow up, but instead new stars Amanda Seyfreid and Morgan Freeman are part of the Ted return. And this film seems to have a bigger storyline with a lot more things happening, which I think will be great and from the trailer it gives us an insight into how much we will be laughing in the cinema. 

The film is to be released on our cinema screens June 26th 2015. And I certainly will be going to see it! Will you go see it? Did you like the first one? Do you wish you had your own Ted? 
Thankyou for reading! :-)

-Just to point out I made new social media pages for my film blog, so if you want to follow me on those there is a link on the sidebar or in my contact page. Thankyou!


No comments: