Sunday 25 January 2015

Indie Films I am looking forward to in 2015!


Everyone loves a big Hollywood blockbuster, but we seem to forget that there are so many amazing independant films out there! I love independant films as they feel like a piece of art, rather than a structured action packed blockbuster, and they are so beautiful and you feel so drawn in and part of it.    So I thought I'd share a few "Indie" films that are being released this year that I'm looking forward to watching, to then maybe inspire you to watch one or even all of them. Because Indie films deserve just as much love and attention.

TINKER

This film is about a hermit farmer who discovers his late father's secret journal containing plans to a magnetic powered machine that could change the world, whilst he unexpectedly becomes guardian of his gifted 6 year old nephew, after his mum's untimely death. Now this is a sci-fi movie, and looks rather interesting, because not only is it full on sci-fi, but it deals with real life issues alongside it and I think it sounds quite real yet mysterious. It is filmed and based in America, and will be released this year, and I am looking forward to watching it.

51 DEGREES NORTH
When Damon Miller, a talented, young London filmmaker becomes involved in the disturbing research surrounding Near-Earth Objects he stumbles onto the discovery that the Earth stands on the brink of an extraterrestrial disaster. Now I have seen the trailer for this film and its got this grungy sort of look to it which I just love. It seems to be filmed through handheld camera and through CCTV in London which looks interesting. Again, the trailer especially has really drawn me in with the voice over, the way it has been edited and it all in all looks like a really good film and I'm excited to watch it, to see what its all really about. It will be released June 30th 2015.

NO LETTING GO

A young teenager struggles with a debilitating mental illness as his mom risks everything to save him without losing the rest of her family. Now I think this film out of all of them is the one I am looking forward to most. As it is based around such a important topic in life today, which is mental health, but for it to be from the point of a teenager will really open up peoples eyes towards mental health and how important it is to take notice. It will also show family relationships and struggles alongside it and again I think it is so important. I really enjoy drama films, especially if they are based around important life topics. It is also based on the award winning film "Illness", so I am sure this film will have alot of awards coming its way. It will be released this year and I am very very excited to watch it.

THE HOUSE ON PINE STREET
A psychological horror about a young woman coping with an unwanted pregnancy after moving into a seemingly haunted house. Well, its me, I love a horror flick, and out of all the horror indie films being released this year, this one stood out to me the most. Its a paranormal horror, and I do love a ghost tale and haunted house. The trailer really engaged me with the eerie music, the setting of the old, creepy house, and I think with the leading character being a pregnant female, no one takes her serious so it will build alot of tension, and tension building is a must in a horror film. It is based and filmed in USA and is due to be released in February 2015 and i'm looking forward to seeing what is haunting the house on Pine Street. 

And they are all the "Indie" films I am looking forward to watching this year, I know there is not as many as my other post for "Blockbuster" films, but these are ones which have genuinely interested me and ones I am excited to watch, but I am sure there are so many others I have not yet heard of which I will watch this year. And I'm sure I'll do another seperate post if I do! Let me know if you know any "Indie" films that I can watch, because I really want to watch alot more of them this year.

What do you think of the films I've mentioned? Has any of them interested you? Do you know of any good "Indie" films? 

Thankyou for reading my little post and I'll speak to you soon! :-)




No comments: