Tuesday 29 September 2015

I have returned and so has BOND!



Yes, it's been a while since I have posted on here, but A-Levels for me are finally over! Hooray! I passed them all and I am finally at University studying for a media, film and culture degree. And now I have so much more time to give some tlc to my blog.

So enough about me, the build up continues to the highly anticpated SPECTRE, the newest addition to the Bond franchise. And I am so freakin' excited! Daniel Craig returns as Mr James Bond for the fourth time and he looks to be bigger and better than ever. The storyline is basically the discovery of a cryptic message which leads Bond back to his past and discover the truth behind Spectre.
Now I have watched every single Bond film, and I know everyone always says 'you can never beat the original' and people would curse at me if I ever bad mouthed the days when Sean Connery kicked ass in 'From Russia with Love' to 'Diamonds are Forever' , but I have to say I prefer the most recent Bond films. With the whole development in technology, from CGI to breath taking stunts, I am going to say I think Bond is better than it ever has been. As much as I loved the classics, besides when Pierce Brosnan was Bond (WORST BOND EVER). But being in 2015, Spectre looks to be visually spectacluar and better than ever!

But they have really kept fans on the edge of their seats from advertising to promotions to sneak peaks, and I am certainly excited for the film release. Most of the same cast from the past 3 films are back, such as Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Ben Whishaw and many more. But we have many exciting new additions to the film, and I am most excited for Andrew Scott, I LOVE HIM, he was amazing in Sherlock and I mean amazing, and he was brilliant in the film Pride. And when rumours were going around about him featuring in Spectre I was beyond excited, and when it was finally revealed he was, I was just extatic! I have high hopes and I am excited to be dazzled by his performance. And we have Christoph Waltz as our simply brilliant villain. I have really enjoyed his performances throughout his work especially in 'Water for Elephants' and especially one of his recent films 'Big Eyes' alongside Amy Adams was simply brilliant. So again, high hopes and I think he will be a brilliant villain.

There is also a lot of talk around the famous Bond opening titles, and apparently Spectres opening credits is supposed to be the biggest in Bond history. Director Sam Mendes has revealed that his extravagant day of the dead themed credits will be the best yet! And when looking back on previous opening credits, I have to say Sam Mendes must have something great up his sleeve to be 'the best yet' but only time will tell! What's your favourite Bond opening sequence? Mine is probably Goldfinger or Skyfall. Let me know!
And speaking of opening credits, you then have the soundtrack, and Spectre will be joined by the amazing Sam Smith, who wrote and will sing the Bond theme called 'Writing's on the wall'. I love Sam Smith's work, and listening to the soundtrack for the first time, I wasn't over whelmed, but then again, I said the same about 'Skyfall' by Adele and it wasn't long before I was singing it word for word round my kitchen! But I think it will grow on me, its Sam Smith after all. Sam is also the first British male solo artist to sing the Bond theme since Tom Jones featured in Thunderball in 1965. However Sam Smith's "Writing's on the wall" is out October 26th so for now have a listen on Youtube! But just simply hearing the classic Bond theme tune gives me goosebumps!

Well, I am very excited to see the newest addition to the Bond franchise. SPECTRE is out October 26th in cinemas across the UK and I will definitely be marching to my nearest cinema. I hope you enjoyed reading this short post and I will be writing more often now, so I will speak soon!




No comments: