Saturday 16 November 2013

SATURDAY NIGHT IN!

PACIFIC RIM!



When monstrous, destructive aliens start rising from the sea, a war begins that take millions of innocent lives and then goes on to consume human resources for years on end. To defeat the giants, a specific type of weapon was devised. Huge robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. However the Jaegers are not as nearly strong as the aliens. Then due to a near defeat and the possibility of the worlds end, the world has to then depend and rely on two unlikely heroes, a washed up former pilot Raileigh Becket (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested female trainee Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi). Who are put together to drive an Jaeger from the past in the hope that together, they can save the world from a mounting apocalypse.

Well I had a lovely saturday evening, sat in at home, snuggled in a duvet with food, drink and treats with friends. And I suggested we watch Pacific Rim. 


Now i have to admit, this isn't really my type of film, well it didnt really look like it from advertisments. But WOW its such an amazing film! What I really loved is that I found you should never judge a film by its cover haha! :-) Don't get me wrong I'll watch anything, and have watched alot of films from all different genre's, but for some reason this film never appealed to me.


The main point I have to make, its the high standard of CGI, especially of the aliens and Jaegers (robots). As this really made the film really realistic and believeable, and added to the action themes and building tension throughout the film. I just think its absolutely magnificent and have never particularly seen such high standard CGI. And the SFX is also amazing, just the theis particular aspect of the film is just amazing!


It also consists of a good storyline, and a particular emotional storyline, which was especially necessary regarding the actual visual content of the film. And aswell as the action and violence in the film the storyline really adds emotion and gives the audience something to relate too.


And again I have too add that Charlie Hunnam is gorgeous! So even if you absolutely hate futuristic/alien films, you have him to relate and stare at through the whole film!


This came out this year, so it is fairly recent, if you prefer recent films. Haha. But I definitely reccommend this as a flick to stick on at weekend with family or friends, put your feet up, get some nibbles and really sit and watch it. But hey you could do that with any film but it was just an idea, thats what I did this evening anyway! :-) haha!


Again THANKYOU for reading and please follow my blog on BlogLovin'! :-)

BYE!

The Pacific Rim website!



No comments: