Sunday 3 November 2013

WHATS ONT' TELE?

DRACULA
(Drama/Horror)

In the UK, Sky Living has introduced us to the new series called Dracula! In the USA, I believe it is shown on NBC!
The names its self gives away the plot of the series. DRACULA.

Dracula arrives in London, posing as an American entrepreneur who insists that all he wants to do is bring modern science to a Victorian society. However in reality, he hopes to wreak revenge on the people who ruined his life centuries earlier. There's only one problem that can potentially interupt his plan. Dracula falls hopelessly in love with a woman who seems to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.

In the UK, this series has already began, being first broadcast Thursday 31st November. And I was intrigued by the trailer, and decided to watch it.
I have been very adventurous with my television programme choices recently, as I have watched and liked so many, that I never thought I'd watch, such as Bates Motel, Breaking Bad and Dracula.

I really enjoyed the first episode, as its such a teaser of an episode, as it leaves so many un-answered questions, which will then hook you to the whole series. And the first episode its self leaves you on such a cliffhanger, and I simply can't wait for the up-coming episodes.

There seems to be an anticipated romance on the cards. So if like me, you love a romance in a series, this may be up your street. I just love it when two characters need to be together, but it keeps you anticipated as it seems to take forever for it to happen. (OMG I sound so sad!) 

I loved series such as the White Queen, which had so many romantic story lines in it, which I also recommend you watch! True Blood, Teen Wolf, even How I Met Your Mother! 
So yeah! If you fancy a new tv programme to sink your teeth into! (Made a terrible joke!) then this may be for you! So go ahead and throw yourself into something new!

Then we have to talk about the "eye candy". Which is Jonathan Rhys Meyers, who plays Alexander Grayson a.k.a Dracula! And lets be honest, he is gorgeous! I admit, he's not they type I'd usually say was good looking. (In my own opinion)! 
But wow! He is a very gorgeous man! And the way he performs as his character is just extremely seductive and sexy in a way. However him as a professional actor, he does the character Dracula justice, and really makes the programme and his character real and believeable, which is of course a key part of a successful television series. 

All in all, I am particularly impressesed, to say this wouldn't have been my type of series. And would advise anyone who likes a romantic drama, with that touch of gothic horror. And anyone who fancies being adventurous!


In the UK it is on Sky Living, every Thursday at 9:00pm!

In the USA, I believe it is aired on a Friday on NBC 10/9c! However the USA is further ahead in the series.

So go check it out!

Please follow my blog via Bloglovin'!-http://www.bloglovin.com/amyshipley

Thankyou for reading!


The Official NBC Dracula Trailer.-Channel/Trailer on Youtube!



No comments: