Tuesday 12 November 2013

LONG TIME NO SEE!-YORK

So in my last post I said I was going to be attending a short film festival in york! If you want to check that out go for it! :-) However, I was not allowed to take pictures of any of them films (obviously haha) or anything, which I thought was abit silly. However, I just want to say its so inspirational to see the ideas and creativity in some of the films and from many independant film makers. And to see the potential of what could be hitting out cinema screens in the next few years is truly inspirational. I especially enjoyed the thriller films that were shown, and you were shown a series of short films in around an hour and a half. 

We were then given the oppurtunity to do a little bit of sight-seeing round York. And it is such a beautiful place (I have included pictures for you all!) And it is just my dream place to live! Its so old-fashioned, cultural and so scenaric. I love the old antique shops and cobbled streets. Oh its just beautiful and a great venue for the ASFF (Asthetica Short Film Festival. 

This was then followed by a masterclasses at York Theatre Royal, where we joined Barry Ryan for a discussion about Warp Films, creators of pioneering British cinemas including Four Lions, This is England and Dead Man’s Shoe. This was particularly inspirational as I want to go into film writing as a career, and to hear his journey and work was amazing aswell as hearing what I could be writing about in times to come.


Well thats basically the summary of it! 

Goodbye, thankyou for reading!



A sneaky picture of the masterclass! Shh haha :-)

No comments: