Monday 29 December 2014

New Year.

2014 is almost over and its has been an amazing year for film and tv. From seeing the astonishing progress in film technology in "Gravity", to the final battle in "The Hobbit:The Battle of the Five Armies". The heartwarming novel "The Fault in our Stars" making an appearance on our cinema screens and making everyone weep to the highly anticipated "Hunger Games" movie. And I could go on forever! Its been one hell of a year!

I think the female star that has really broke through and someone I have enjoyed watching in cinema this year is Shailene Woodley. 2014 has really been her year and she is such an amazing young actress and I look forward to seeing what she comes out with in 2015. With the success of "The Fault in our Stars", which she performed beautifully in and "Divergent" which is also brilliant, she has broke out and made her mark in the world of cinema. In September "White Bird in a Blizzard" was released and Shailene played the main character. And I have to say this is one of the best films I have seen, its just so indie and intriguing and the performances were outstanding, especially Shailenes. So I really recommend this film. With the upcoming "Insurgent" film being released in March which is the second installment from the "Divergent" series. And many other films to be announced, I am very excited to see another amazing year of cinema from Shailene Woodley. 

The male star that stood out to me this year is Jamie Dornan, now he has stood out to me more in TV, however he is soon to be the worlds Christian Grey, so I imagine that he has a great film career ahead of him. He has been amazing in TV series' "Once Upon a Time" and "The Fall", I especially loved him in "The Fall" as his character was so intriguing and engaging and I just loved his storyline. And of course, he is soon to be shown on our cinema screens in the highly anticipated raunchy book adaptation "Fifty Shades of Grey". I have to say, I am looking forward to this movie, yes I know, alot of people will lose faith in me for wanting to see it, but I loved the editing of the trailers and how they showed so much yet so little and I am of course looking forward to seeing Jamie Dornan in character, and to see if he lives up to the ever so famous novel character. But I am sure we will be seeing alot more of Jamie on our cinema screens in 2015. 
Just a quick fact that Jamie Dornan has already been announced to play the lead role in "The 9th Life of Louis Drax" which does sound amazing! Very excited for his future film announcements!


I have loved many films this year such as "Gone Girl", "The Grand Budapest Hotel", "The Fault in Our Stars", "Boyhood", "THE HUNGER GAMES!", I have obviously loved 100's of other films released this year however I would be here forever! Well this is my last post of 2014, its only a short one however I have many other posts to come. With the exciting release of the new "Woman in Black" and "Into the Woods" and the final "Hunger Games", the highly anticipated "Star Wars" and "Jurassic Park" AND "James Bond". OOO so exciting! Many new actors to emerge onto out screens. I just think 2015 will be an amazing year for cinema! What has been your highlight in film this year? Favourite actor? Favourite movie?                               
Thank you so so much for reading this quick little post, I hope you all have a brilliant new year and I will see you in 2015 for lots more film posts!                                                                                  
Bye! 

No comments: