Sunday 7 December 2014

NETFLIX PICKS! Some of my favourites from the past few months!

American Horror Story

I know American Horror Story is a very well known american tv series and is currently on its fourth season, and has a pretty big fan base, but I only joined the craze recently. I had heard of it before, but I only started watching season 1 on Netflix in July however I had finished season 3 by around August, I was just completely obsessed! With all the seasons I could watch 3 episodes back to back it was just so gripping and brillia
nt! There are currently 4 seasons, and each of them are different and consist of a different theme. As the first one was based in a "haunted house", the second season was based in an "asylum", the third one is based around witchcraft and the fourth one which is currently being shown on TV is based in a "Freakshow". Obviously each season has alot more to it, as they each have multiple storylines throughout with different characters, I was just giving a basic description of each season. It is a horror tv programme and it can be very scary and dark, at times, however that is what I personally like, but I do think many people would like it simply because of how interesting and gripping the storylines are, however it depends on what interests you. Oh and we can't forget Evan Peters! I'd say just watch it purely for him *obsessed* ❤️
I love that they pretty much have the same cast throughout each season, with the likes of Jessica Lange and Evan Peters who I am obsessed with, but also Sarah Paulson who is an outstanding actress and I loved her in season 2 especially! But she is also blowing me away with her current performance as siamese twins in season 4, she just makes each of her characters her own and its truly brilliant!
My favourite season has to be the second one, as I found each storyline in it so intriguing and gripping yet interesting. I loved all the characters and thought each actor did that character justice, I just simply loved it and I got through that season the fastest. I think there was alot more happening in this season compared to the first and third season and I simply enjoyed this season the most.
I highly recommend everyone to watch this, I think those, who like me love horror would love this and I just think its a gripping tv show!

Dead Silence

I was in the mood for a horror film and came across "Dead Silence" and I hadn't seen this in years! So long that I actually forgot what happened. It's a James Wan film, and I am a big fan of his work and this is just such a classic movie. If you think "Annabelle" is creepy, you should try and watch this and see what you think then. James Wan is known for his use of dolls, especially ventriloquist dolls, and he makes them ever so more creepy. It was released in 2007 and is basically about a man who returns to his hometown to search for answers about his wifes murder. But then he and us as an audience discovers more about the ghosts and the possesed dolls and it really is quite scary.
Its not my favourite horror film, nor is it my favourite James Wan film, however I do think its a classis horror mystery film to watch with your mates!
It doesn't have a star studded cast, besides Ryan Kwanten whose been in True Blood, which is obviously a big tv hit. Not sure why but thats debatable. Overall the acting isn't the best but I think thats what makes it more enjoyable. Im not sure about you, but I find some films, especially horrors, if there's bad acting and I mean really bad it makes it more enjoyable! But I must emphasise SOME films get away with it. I think probably slasher horrors get away with it most, like "Friday 13th", "Halloween" and "Wrong Turn" etc.
But Dead Silence is one i'd recommend and a good classis horror to watch with your mates while eating pizza or something!

Hercules (Disney Version)

I thought i'd be a little more upbeat with my suggestions. I was beyond excited when I found that Hercules had been added to Netflix as its my all time favourite disney film. It is basically based on the story of Hercules, which I'm sure everyone has heard of, this is just Disneys take on it. I just love it and it brings back so many memories from when I was younger when I used to dance around and sing to all the songs, but to be honest, I still do that now.
My favourite character in it is Phil, who trains Hercules, I just think he is so cute and hilarious and he has been my favourite since I was a child. However, I loved Meg, I always wanted to be like her and loved it when her and Hercules lived happily ever after.
As I was briefly saying before, I know every word of every song in Hercules, I especially love "Zero to Hero". I just love Disney songs in general they are so catchy and nostalgic and you can just belt out your best, or in my case worst singing voice and I am just a big kid when it comes to Disney. You should have seen me in Disneyland in Florida in July.
However, Hercules is my personal all time favourite and I am of course going to recommend everyone watches it. My favourite time to watch Disney films is on a Sunday, in my pyjamas, wrapped in a duvet on the sofa with a cup of tea. Perfection.

The Proposal

As any girl does, you get in one of those soppy, romantic moods and whats better than to watch a rom-com. I found "The Proposal" on Netflix and it is now one of my favourite romantic comedy movies ever!
It was released in 2009 and stars Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds and it is basically about Sandra Bullocks character "Margaret" who forces her assistant (Ryan Reynolds character Andrew) to marry her in order to keep her US visa and avoid being deported to Canada. But following both characters on this journey was both gripping, hilarious and romantic, as you watch them both fall for eachother and its incredibly cute. A real up-beat movie and one that I thoroughly enjoyed! It made me laugh and cry and engaged me so much all the way through.
I love Sandra Bullock and I am a big fan of hers and just simply adored her in this. Her character is hilarious, you shouldn't like her but you do and its just Sandra Bullock! And all I have to say is Ryan Reynolds. As well as him being incredibly gorgeous, his character too was hilarious and sweet and just adorable.
I recommend this film to anyone who is in the mood for a little rom-com, but really cant find one or think of one, or simply looking for a really good one they haven't seen before. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was a real feel good film!


A very random choice, however these are four tv/films that I have watched on Netflix during the past few months. I really recommend you get Netflix, its only £5.99 a month and you get so much choice, including Neflix exclusive series, which I will do a seperate post on, as well as many other great choices of TV programmes and films. Its a great thing to have on a lazy Sunday or any day for that matter!

Well thankyou so much for reading and please follow me on Bloglovin', there is a link near the top of my page, and I will speak again soon!

NETFLIX LINK!

No comments: