Friday 6 September 2013

GOLD CLASS...OOO FANCY.

SINGAPORE

GOLD CLASS CINEMA!


Well. I have three words. OH MY GOD. This without a doubt is the best cinema experience of my life. 

So as I briefly explained, I went to visit my dad and his fiancee in Singapore, and stayed for 2 weeks. There were many highlights which I will share with you in the next few posts, but now I will focus and share with you my GOLD CLASS cinema experience. 

The cinema which I went to was in Singapore, in a shopping mall called Vivo City, which was around a 5 minute taxi drive from my dads apartment. And the cinema consists of normal screens, which we have here in the UK, then they had the option of GOLD CLASS, which is where I watched one of my new favourite horror films "The Conjuring". Gold Class cinema screens can hold up to 20 people. And it consists of 20 luxury and incredibly comfy recliner chairs, where you can adjust the chair as much as you want, to the position most comfortable to you. And you are also provided with a large blanket, which you can snuggle up in during the film, (or in my case, to hide behind! haha). And these chairs come in pairs. You then have a small table between the two chairs, where you can put your drinks etc, and you also have access to a button, which you press when you require a drink or food (this can be from popcorn to a cooked meal!) and a waitress/waiter will come to your side and take your order. And you don't have to move a muscle! They then bring you your chosen drinks etc without major disruption  and this service is available throughout the whole film.

Well that is a brief summary of what gold class is all about. And it was awesome. 

The only reason I found out about this Gold Class is from my dad, as he has been many of times, and always told me about it on the phone when he rings home. Well i will just say that he under-rated it! It was far better than he made it out to be and was very impressed! 

The film, "the conjuring" was an amazing film, as I have explained in my previous post, and the Gold Class made the experience of watching this film even more better. As you may well know, I absolutely love films (especially horror) and love the cinema, so to experience this, and in a different country was such a great experience for me! And when I go back next year for an extended 4 weeks, I plan to be visiting gold class a couple more times. I do think it is a shame that these opportunities aren't available in the UK.

And the best part of it was that Gold Class cost $40 (Singapore Dollars) each, which is equivalent to £20, which I think is amazing value! Especially when cinema prices here in the UK are high and rising. 

So anyone who knows of a Gold Class cinema near them. GO GO GO! Its absolutely amazing. Or if you have been, let me know your experience and opinions. 


The only other places i'm aware of that have a Gold Class cinema is Pasadena, Melbourne and Innaloo. 

Again THANK YOU for reading this, and I hope you enjoyed hearing my experience. 
I tried my hardest to keep it as interesting as possible but to a minimum. 
As I know from experience it can be a nightmare to read pages and pages! 




No comments: