Thursday 5 September 2013

Horror Film Disappointment!

THE PURE  DISAPPOINTMENT OF A HORROR...

The "You're Next" feature film advertisement.
The introduction...
I absolutely adore horror films. They are by far, my favourite genre of films. Ranging from a classic gory flick to a thrilling paranormal motion picture. So when the trailer for the relatively new horror flick "you're next", comes upon my television screen, i am very intrigued and excited!

Advertising...

The trailer that is shown is indeed very intriguing. Using short thrilling snippets from the film, a surprisingly suitable background music track, whilst giving the audience a good portrayal of the films storyline/plot/what the film is all about.
The masked killers shown in the trailer intrigued me as it reminded me of a previous favourite thriller flick of mine, "the strangers", and thought the mystery behind the unknown, masked killers would make a great new horror. 
One of the masked killers in "You're Next"
I did not particularly recognise many of the actors/actress's in this film, but from the trailer they seem to be suited to the film.
And finally, I thought the structure of the trailer was very impressive, and the individuals who constructed this trailer did a relatively good job, and confidently portrayed the film in a positive form. 

But then I actually progressed to watch the film in my local cinema.  Absolute disappointment. 


The Final Review...


From beginning and throughout, I was incredibly bored. I did not once hide behind my cardigan or go to watch the film through my fingers, which in my opinion is the best part of watching a good old horror film. I will not go into detail as I do not want to give away any spoilers if some of you would want to go and see this film but it is undoubtedly the most predictable horror film I have seen in a long time. And this is not a good thing! 


The majority of the cast starring in this film were without a shadow of a doubt, some of the poorest and laziest acting i have seen again in a long time. I personally feel that they didn't put any effort into their acting, and had no passion to make it a good horror film, as it could've been an acceptable horror film, if the acting standards were higher. 


It was also rated an 18, which i personally think is ridiculous. As there was hardly any gore or scary scenes. I have seen 12 rated films with more horror in them! The scenes that did contain gore or bloody violence, were only mild. So I was indeed puzzled to why it is rated an 18.


Ratings...


Storyline: 5/10

Acting: 6/10

Scare Rating: 4/10


Overall Film Rating: 5/10





No comments: