Sunday 22 September 2013

COMING TO A THEATRE IN YOU *SAYS IN CINEMA VOICE*

COMING SOON!

Films coming to a cinema near you!


THE HUNGER GAMES:CATCHING FIRE (Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi)

After the amazing and sensational first film, the trilogy continues, and director Francis Lawrence brings us The Hunger Games:Catching Fire.
Based upon the best selling novel by Suzanne Collins, we are brought the second part of the Hunger Games trilogy, in which Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) return from their victory in the 74th annual Hunger Games. However, this causes controversy, as it gives the districts hope, which then leads to the districts beginning to rebel against the Capitol. So then Katniss and Peeta become enemies of the Capitol, as the members of the Capitol begin to plan against them for causing this rebellion. 

Well OMG, I have read the books, watched the first film, and I would say I am such a big fan of the Hunger Game franchise! And cannot wait for this next film! I will be going on the release day and seeing it as soon as possible! 
I just think its so different from other novels and films we were brought. As many people relate this franchise to the highly popular Twilight franchise, however I just don't see the similarities. Hunger Games is so much better! 
The next film brings us the complicated love triangle between Katniss, Peeta and Gale Hawthorne (Liam Hemsworth), the story after the 74th Hunger Games and the drama from the feared and almighty Capitol. And the highly anticipated 75th Hunger Games. OMG so exciting! 

If you haven't read the books or watched the first film, I highly recommend it, as I personally think that you will all love it! But in my honest opinion, I think if i had to choose between the books or the film, it would have to be the books! But the films are still amazing!

The Hunger Games:Catching Fire, is released on 22nd November. And I highly recommenced you all go and see it!



CARRIE (Drama/Horror)

Based on the best selling novel by Stephen King, director Kimberley Pierce brings you a modern reboot of the 1976 classic, CARRIE!
Carrie is a film based upon a young girl named Carrie White, who is a shy outcast intimidated by many of her school peers, and kept hidden by her highly crazy and religious mother. After being pushed too far and embarrassed too much by her peers at her senior prom, she unleashes a telekinetic terror on her small home town.

Now I will be honest, I have not yet seen the 1976 classic as of yet, but i will definitely be watching it before I go and see this film, so I can compare and share my verdict with you guys! 
The trailer I saw really intrigued me as it was short and mysterious and made me want to see what happens, which is what every great film trailer should do! And trust me, I am fussy! If a movie trailer doesn't interest me, even the slightest, I will just not want to watch it! Haha!
I also know that one of my favourite young actresses will be starring in it, she being Chloe Grace Moretz. I have seen her in Kick-Ass, 500 Days of summer, and especially in the film Let Me In, and taking her performance from that film into account I think she will be perfect for this role!

This film is released on the 18th October and I will definitely be going to watch it on the release day! And from what I know, I advise all you horror fanatics like me to go see this!


No comments: